So why build a Support Network?
People who have disabilities are at risk of becoming isolated and surrounded only by people who are paid to be in their lives.
Through the establishment of a Support Network, involved people develop a shared vision for the person to live a good life, with a safe and secure present and future.
A Support Network can support a person with a disability in the following ways:
- Assisting with planning
- Assisting with good decision making
- Acting as advocates in ensuring the person is treated well
- Contributing ideas and different perspective
- Providing practical support
- Ensuring that a persons future care and quality of life is planned for
Better Connected can assist with the development, training and ongoing mentoring of your Support Network.