David Isitt, the Founder of Better Connected has a clear goal, he wants to see all people leading a good life.
David has witnessed too many families feeling isolated, tired and often overwhelmed while the complex needs within their family remain unmet. The traditional support system, can at times, lack the understanding and resources to support people with complex needs. This leaves families in dire situations with little control or support, not only from professional support services but often also from family and friends. Being in this disconnected situation damages wellbeing and negatively impacts the ability to move forward in positive steps towards a good life.
Better Connected was established to counteract these situations, to walk beside you, to listen and provide support and guidance.
Our team are here to support you in the following areas:
- Complex behaviour support
- Managing new situations
- Training and development
- Building capacity and support networks
- Mentoring staff and families
We’re about people supporting people
David has founded Better Connected from a wealth of knowledge and experience, which stems from his passion to provide support and care for those in need. With over 30 years experience in supporting successful outcomes for individuals, families and teams; his roles have included:
- Mamre Association, Manager Effecting Change
- Endeavor Foundation, Complex Needs Adviser
- Health and Disability Auditing Australia, General Manager and Lead Auditor
- NZCare Group Ltd, Southern Regional Manager
- I.H.C, National Behaviour Support Specialist
Our supportive team at Better Connected share a real desire to see people better connected, with those who care about them leading a good life.